The history of a family
1976 / 1980
- Profilpas was founded in 1976, by its founder, Franco Pasquali. The name Profilpas means Pasquali profiles.The history of Profilpas is also the history of a family; Gabriella Pasquali Sartori has been part of the company from the beginning, initially carrying out office duties before moving on to the commercial side of the business. The first items to be produced were profiles for carpets and the first site was a 200 m2 warehouse in Vigodarzere, Padova.
- The first steps were: to develop the product range and to structure a sales organization covering the Italian territory with a network of agents.
- The first relationships with customers from abroad began: Germany, Switzerland, Holland.
- The character of the company and its values started to take shape right from the beginning: professionalism, product and system quality, innovation and entrepreneurial initiative.
- In the late 1970s Profilpas changed premises to a larger 500 m2 warehouse in Vigodarzere.
1981 / 1984
- In the new premises, the first significant investments in production technologies were made, some of which allowed totally new innovations such as self-adhesive profiles, profiles manufactured on a rollforming line and bendable profiles to be introduced into the profile market.
- Profilpas participated in the trade fairs of the industry such as the Star of Milan.
- In 1984 Marco Pasquali joined the company.
- Profilpas became the leader of the Italian market.
- In 1986 Profilpas moved to new 1000 m2 premises in Cadoneghe, Padova. The range of products was further increased.
- In 1988 Barbara Pasquali joined the company.
- The first profile models for ceramic Cerfix® were made and the Profinish with spacers patent was introduced.
- The Klic® line was introduced, and quickly became the leading brand in the large-scale retail trade.
The Klic ® profiles were introduced in pre-cut sizes in blister packs.
- The retail store exhibition solutions were introduced.
- Profilpas' presence abroad became stronger. The company participated in international fairs such as the Batimat and the Domotex.
- Collaboration with the first national distributors began: France and Switzerland.
- The development of the profile range for the laying of wooden and laminate floors continued with products such as Prosystem®, Profix and, above all, the Unisystem® system, which was destined to become the (par excellence) laying solution for laminate floors.
- Alcrom®, the wood finish decoration for profiles. The aluminum sublimation process.
- The process of the company's internationalization began. In 1992 Profilpas France was founded.
- The Protrim, Projoint, Proangle, Pronivel and Prostyle profiles completed the range of Cerfix profiles.
- In 1995, the construction of new premises in Cadoneghe began and was completed in 1996.
- The new Alcrom® Plus finish was introduced for laminate and wood floor profiles. The decoration consisted of a special film coating which perfectly reproduced the wood finish.
- Profilpas took over the Klic® company.
- Profilpas moved to new premises in Cadoneghe.
- The first fully automated packaging line for the Klic® packaging was realized.
- The new metal profile packages were introduced, in which each profile is individually packaged and protected.
- In 1999 Profilpas Germany was founded.
- In the year 2000 Profilpas Portugal was founded.
- The Proflex line was introduced.
- In 2001 Profilpas Spain was established.
- In 2004 the Profilpas Czech branch was established.
- Also in 2004 a new production unit, for the production of PVC profiles, was inaugurated in Cadoneghe.
- The Metal line skirting board range was expanded with new models.
- In 2005 the Profilpas Adria branch was established.
- In 2005, the expanded PVC line of skirting boards was pres
- The product range was constantly expanded to exceed 6000 items.
- New unique finishes for aluminum profiles were introduced.
- Exports exceeded 50% of overall sales. Profilpas regularly now exported to over 60 countries.
- A warehouse was inaugurated in Moscow for direct distribution to the Russian market.
- Profilpas Poland was establishe
- Profilpas Middle East founded.
- New Profilpas France offices opened in Bois-d'Arcy to distribute to French market.
- Construction commenced on Profilpas Polska facility, to sell to markets in northeastern Europe.
- The range was continuously extended and exceeded 10,000 items
- Profilpas Digital System PDS, the digital printing technology to reproduce any decoration on Alcrom® Plus film was introduced.
- Profilpas Design range introduced, a special series of profiles for the worlds of architecture and interior design, featuring contemporary colours and finishes and the possibility to choose from multiple combinations reflecting the latest trends in interior design.
- C Design presented, a new range of decorative brass, chrome and 24 k gold-plated profiles with Swarovski® crystals.
- Prolight introduced, a range of listello tile trims, external corner profiles, stair nosings and skirting boards with LED technology.
- Profilpas Drain introduced, a range of shower drainage channels for floor-level showers, designed to create a single flat surface in the bathroom and create a modern, stylish space.
- Range of profiles for LVT floors introduced, comprising products designed specifically to adapt to the low thickness of this type of floor covering.